Why Attend?

  • Local jobs for local people – talk to exhibitors from local companies with live vacancies
  • Skills development – meet a wide range of local training providers who can support and guide you onto the right programme to help you find employment or progress to the next stage of your career
  • “Have a Go” activities – opportunities to try out a wide range of practical skills and activities including Hairdressing, Catering and Construction
  • Expert advice – help us help you find your perfect job, get support from agencies including JCP, National Careers Service and local recruitment agencies
  • Get help – access a range of services, workshops and resources such as advice on writing a CV, searching and applying for jobs, interview techniques and much more

Some stats from the last Jobs and Skills Fair

  • 82% of people said that the jobs fair had helped them with their future chances of attaining a job
  • 100% of people said that the helpfulness of staff was excellent
  • 64% of people rated the facilities excellent, while the remaining 36% rated them good
  • 98% of people approached an employer on the day of the jobs fair
  • 98% of people rated the layout of the venue good if not excellent
  • 94% of people asked thought that the number of people who attended was good if not excellent
  • 136 CV’s were handed to employers during the jobs fair